Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Must do items for freshers

A few must do items for freshers arrived here:
1. open bank accounts : already opened an HSBC UK bank account in HK
2. set up internet in accommodation : successfully set up on the date of arrival, many of my classmates still struggle on it, some need to carry their laptop and use the WIFI in SAID
3.buy a pay-as-you-go calling card : I bought my Mobile World calling today, 15 pence (HK$2.3) per min for local call and sending text. Calling to HK is even cheaper, just 6 pence (HK$0.9)per min using mobile phone and 3.5 pence (HK$0.5) per min for using post office calling card.
4.collect university card : my name is wrongly printed there because they use my chinese name as the first name and results in Sau Y HUI. I am waiting for a revised card
5. register student visa in police station : only a few of us need to register again in UK after obtaining the student visa in their home country, GBP34 is bloody expensive
6. buy sub-fusc : we have checked with a few shops, I will probably pick the one charge GBP41 for whole set.

As I got all the above items completed promptly, I can have more spare time walking around. Let's see some photo below.



ChristChurch College is famour for Harry Potter


Alice in the Wonderland Shop

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenny, this is Yi, an incoming MBA student of SBS.

Thanks for your blog, I know much more about the life in the coming one year.

As this Fresher must do list, what is the "sub-fusc"?
:)

Anonymous said...

Got the answer via the blog on September 25:p

Thanks very much for the sharing again!