Friday, September 28, 2007

Hong Kong Last Governor - Chris Patten





Starting from yesterday night, many recruiters and alumni from Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, McKinsey gave us briefing on job search. Our career team reminded us that many firms have their deadlines soon, such as Goldmen Sachs on this Sunday. I don't know whether I should apply or not as it is very time consuming, in particular, we need to spend at least 3 hours for each application letter and undergo over 10 rounds interview. Bear in mind that we need to do company search and attend various seminars for preparation of the interview.

After being bombarded by so many recruitment information, the only thing that interests me is Chris Patten (Chancellor of Oxford U) who introduces George David (CEO of United Technology Corporation) in the Distinguished Speaker Seminar.

I introduced myself to the Chancellor, of course, emphasized that I come from Hong Kong and told him it is my great honour to take a picture with him. He replied "It is also my honour to take a picture with you." 肥彭,唔好玩我啦,你實在太客氣了. Before he was leaving, he reminded me to enjoy the life in Oxford. I love this photo which is also my first photo taken in Oxford!!

3 comments:

mc said...

Jenny - I envy you la, have an opportunity to take a picture with Chris Patten. Also, you look great.

Hei, Nick asked me yesterday whether you will return to KPMG after graduation.

Unknown said...

見到佢張相都感到好親切添,哈!

Jenny Hui said...

Chris Patten looks older and fatter in person than in picture. I also feel good seeing him.

Hey MC, tell Nick that the chance I rejoin getting higher and higher coz' I don't like fighting for the job and undergo series of interview. I am a lazy person.....