Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Michaelmas Term Exam Results

First term examination result is out, I did very well, got three distinctions.

Finance I : 76 (Distinction with excellent work)
Financial Reporting : 76 (Distinction with excellent work)
Decision Science: 71 (Distinction with fine work)
Developing Effective Managers : 68 (Strong pass)
Managerial Economics : 65 (Strong pass)
Strategy : 60 (Good pass)

May be I am lucky that I didn't do job search and I don't need to spend time on FR, so I can allocate more revision time on the subjects. As I was educated in HK, I know how to play UK examination game, I am able to do better in written exam generally. The practical work lowered my marks for Finance and FR from 84 and 87 respectively to 76. This is the reason why SBS add practical work in assessment, they need to level off the marks and also secure more students to pass the exam. Seems Oxford exams are not as difficult as imagined.

No comments: