Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hilary Term Exam Results

Hilary term exam results announced today, unexpectedly, I did very well again, two distinctions out of 5 subjects.

Finance 2: 75
Marketing: 71
Macro Econ: 69
Global Strategy:68
Operations Management: 65

Again, my best subject involve a lot of calculation i.e. Finance 2, I got 80 in the final exam. My Finance study group member got 95 in the final exam, thatz crazy. We are Chinese, I think we are stronger at algebra. I heard quite a number of people fail in Finance, it's troublesome because they need to resit again 8 weeks later. I just find out one funny thing on mathematics: to save time, we can count things in even number i.e. 2,4,6,8..... but some of my classmate can't do that.

Surprisingly, I never think I can write well in Marketing. Thanks for my core study group members who help me to secure 75 in practical work.

I predicted that I did poor in OM and was thinking there is a risk of failing because I did not draw diagram as instructed during exam. Anyway, still has a strong pass. Seems Oxford hurdle is not as high as imagined. My classmates said I always underestimate myself but I think I am not, I just set a higher hurdle for myself, I treat myself badly......

I have got 5 distinctions so far and I need one more in Trinity term in order to have an overall distinction in the certificate. Hope I am lucky enough to make it. It is not easy because I am strong at final exam which is competing with time. You know, HK people can work fast and to the point, we trained to study marking scheme for public exam. However, I will only have two written exam in Trinity term, all other four count on practical work, so the chance of getting high marks reduces.

Anyway, it is good enough for me now, a nice present from God. Just as what my neighbour always teases "Jenny is bad.....though sometimes not that bad."