Thursday, February 28, 2008

Earthquake hits Oxfordshire

"Residents across Oxfordshire were shaken during the early hours today by the biggest earthquake in the country in the past 20 years. The quake shook the UK, causing damage to buildings and leaving at least one person injured. Tremors hit the country about 1am and the earthquake was measured at 5.2 on the Richter scale."

I was going to bed after reading some Finance lecture notes. I found my bottle of water shook vigorously, followed by some sound from the window glass. I was thinking if it was some naughty people knocking at my window. It lasts for 3-4 seconds only, I don't know it was an earthquake until talking to the classmates during lesson. My classmate asked me what would I bring along if I need to run. I think I will bring my wallet and passport; while she will bring her daughter......

No comments: