Monday, July 16, 2007

Setting up a Blog

I've never thought of setting up a blog before as I viewed it as youngster's toy and I am not interested in IT things. However, after browsing various blogs set up by SBS 2007 class, I found it valuable to document my moments and feelings systematically. I also think setting up a Blog allows me to communicate with my friends efficiently as they can view my picture and video easily.

Prior to joining SBS in late September 2007, I have made a considerable amount of effort and time before getting here:

2 Dec 06 IELTS exam
3 Jan 07 Oxford application
12 Jan 07 GMAT exam
26 Jan 07 Cambridge application
12 Mar 07 Oxford interview with Oren Sussman in Jardine House with Information Evening
15 Mar 07 Oxford offer
16 Mar 07 Chevening Scholarship Interview
19 Mar 07 Cambridge Interview with Simon Learmount in Singapore
23 Mar 07 Cambridge offer
30 Mar 07 Chevening Scholarship results
5 Jul 07 Sir Robert Black Scholarship application

Other than the tightly packed dates above, there was tremendous pressure when writing the application essays, finding referees, preparing for exams and interviews etc. Please don't forget that I need to work at the same time, in particular, being an auditor in KPMG is not an easy life in these few years. Before the series of application process, I was not that definite to quit my job and study for one year MBA programme. However, in view of the hurdles that I have jumped over throughout the 4-5 months of time, I became more treasure about the offer and decided to go ahead even though I failed in the Chevening Scholarship eventually.

Thanks God for His kind arrangement including the good timing. You can read from the above timetable that I got an offer from Oxford before attending the subsequent interviews, this lessen my pressure a lot and made my Singapore trip relaxing. Also thanks God for giving lovely friends around me:
- Alex Hui and Margery give my insight to take the MBA pragramme
- Yammie, Camie, JoJo and Jackal for proof reading my application essays
- Maria, Eddy and Cyril Lee for the reference letters
- Alan and Stanley for their GMAT and IELTS revision books
- Clara, Sandy, Flora, Jessica, Irene, Inez, Andy, churchfriends for their prayers, encouragement and support when I was not confident on the exams and interviews

All in all, these are only my preliminary experience, I expect many exciting events are coming soon.

1 comment:

Abhijit Shaha said...

Congatulations on your admin and welcome to Oxford. I will be in the same class for MBA. See you soon there

- Abhijit Shaha
Pune, India
shahaoneal@gmail.com