Saturday, July 21, 2007

New SBS classmates


Yammie called me today because she knows a girl (Bergitta) who just got an offer from SBS. I feel very happy because she is only one year younger than me, thus, I expect we can share more on our trip preparation. Hope we can be good friends in the future. There is a serious imbalance between male and female in mba, I can't seek advice from the male on many areas such as how many suits, high heel shoes, handbags, cosmetics should I pack.

Other than Bergitta, Andrew Chan (KPMG / EY consulting) and Eric Hui (Hang Seng) also come from HK. I also know some other friends through SBS MBA Discussion Forum such as Adrian Shen from BJ, Melody Xu from Lianning, Adif Yu from Taiwan and my first friend / Wadham friend Tarun Dhillon from India who is currently working in Sweden. Knowing these friends makes me have a more tangible feeling towards my mba study - an exhilarating trip that I am going to start very soon!!!

Up to now, I have only got my student visa, a digital camera (Sony T10), HSBC UK bank accounts, air tickets, disposable contact lens ........... and two pieces of party dresses (tips from Margery, see the picture enclosed). I still have a long long list to do such as buy a PC, spectacles, international driving licence, change correspondence addresses, terminate the useless credit cards, paid advance tax/insurance fees etc. So many outstanding items that make me suffocated. However, I believe that it is a good exercise to train my organisation skills as I am a person that don't like to manage the tedious personal stuffs. I think the reason behind is that I don't want to take my working mode back to my personal life. I just want a so called relaxing personal life.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Please elaborate more about the SAID placements.

Its a very debated topic among applicants.

http://throughmba.com