Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Count Down

I only have 7 more weeks to go before I leave my firm where I have been working for 10 years since graduated from CUHK in 1997. Time flies quickly, faster than a Ferrari........ I still remember the first day I joined KPMG: we had orientation class in Wanchai Tai Yau training centre, with some ice-breaking puzzle games and form 5 groups sitting in tables. I carried the heavy KPMG briefcase with tonnes of handbooks which was useless at all, how stupid I was.

There were about 35 people in my orientation class while only 7 left behind, they are Money, Alex, Frankie, Malcolm, Frank, Andes and I; all of them now staying in the PRC offices except Money and I. Obviously, they will become partners in the coming 1-3 years, thus, somehow I am stupid to leave the firm at this moment and join SBS. Anyway, I still trust that my decision can be justified because I definitely won't have any chance or brave enough to quit the job and start a new journey when I am getting older.

After 10 years training in KPMG, I believe I could get used to SBS life quickly in particular I am trained to work in teams and face high time pressure. Let's see.

No comments: