Friday, June 13, 2008

Shanghai - Presentation

I don't expect we were going to give our presentation in front of over around 150 audience in such a large lecture theatre. It's a bit smaller than NMLT and ours is cooler because we have wifi inside the theatre. Feel quite surprise when arrived at the venue but feel exciting because I am quite confident about our innovative business idea. Besides, I don't feel shy presenting in front of the people I don't know, I don't care at all.

I just slept for 2 hours during the night before the presentation because we finished the preparing the powerpoint at 2:30am, then I translated it into Chinese for one of the judges, hoping we could impress him (or at least to make him understand what we are talking about).

We have 10 minutes presentation followed by 10 minutes Q&A. I have less than 3 minutes after Pawel's parts, very rush indeed. We handle Q&A session quite well, we were being asked how many villages were there is China because the judge wanted to challenge the coverage size of our project. Coincidentally, I remember China has around 647k villages and the judges feel surprise and smile, wondering how could I know the exact number, quite funny indeed.





The winner is UCLA, though I still think our business idea is the best among all other seven teams. Anyway, such experience is good enough for me. I've never thought I would join any competition and never thought I would go to Shanghai and HK during this year. Thanks God's blessing.


Though CEIBS campus is nice, looks like CUHK (my undergrad college), but I like SBS more, ours looks more advanced.


This is Jane, a part-time MBA student in China, she said she was impressed by our presentation and wanted to click a snap with us. She then invited us to join her to tour around Shanghai in that afternoon. Graceful people (me ^0^) always meet nice people.

No comments: